« Home | Temp 2 again! » | Electrical gremlin » | It's baaaaack! [Grumpy Van] » | Cupholders!! » | Petromax Lantern » | Van at the Dentist[?] » | TPS / Temp 2 » | ChiliPepper's Blog » 

Saturday, October 21, 2006 

Winter Slumber



Chilipepper is back in my brother's garage for the winter. It looked like the last non-salt weekend on the season. We had a light snow scare last week - so I wanted to get the van put away before the Salters came out.

Jim is pictured here modeling the latest snow removal technology...





The winter storage checklist:

- Full tank of gas with Stabilizer added.

- Both batteries on their trickle chargers. [ I think my optima is actually dead. We will see next spring.

- New mouse traps set up around my brothers garage. [ Mice can ruin a westy interior]





I was hoping the van would be in goo dshape when I put it away this season so I could contemplate going to EveryBus 2007. EB is a huge bus gathering every April in North Carolina. April is too cold here to work on the van, so if it needs work when I put it away, the van does not come out until May. The rear brakes were crying for some love all this week, so it looks like no EveryBus. But on the bright side..Chilipepper may have a new stable mate soon.....