« Home | Electrical gremlin » | It's baaaaack! [Grumpy Van] » | Cupholders!! » | Petromax Lantern » | Van at the Dentist[?] » | TPS / Temp 2 » | ChiliPepper's Blog » 

Sunday, October 15, 2006 

Temp 2 again!

Well, the van is fixed. After messing with new monster cable for engine grounding and wiggling every wire around the left side of the engine - the DigiTool was getting 4.95 from the Temp 2 sensor and running very poorly. Of course the day I decided to take the car to CDI in Victor - I could not get the van to turn over whatsoever. So - out came the handy AAA card and off went the van on a flatbed tow truck. CDI reported back that the starter went bad and replaced it. They were ready to hand back the car to me until i reminded them that the starter was not the original reason for the service. So I sent them back to try and diagose the electrical problem. They did not seem so excited about trying to troubleshoot that. They left a mesage for me the following day that the van was all set. I did not get to talk to the mechanic but they basically replaced the temp 2 sensor again! The car IS running fine now. I am not entirely convinced the problem is fixed however. I did swap in a new coil for good measure. The whole visit ended up costing me $500. yipes. The van is now asking for new rear brakes, but it will be going into storage this week for the winter. We had snow here Friday! yipes! It was a crummy camping season - but overall Chilipepper did fairly well. 2 trips to viginia and 1 to Pittsburg without a hiccup. Hopefully i will have the same luck next summer as i am contemplating a trip to.. Burning Man! woo! woo!